Rent and Utility Assistance

The DC Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) is not currently accepting new applications. When it does it provides rental assistance for eligible DC tenants who are at least 30-days delinquent in rent or who are homeless and need assistance to rent an apartment. For fastest results apply online at You may also hear the latest ERAP information by calling (202) 507-6666 or you may contact us by email at

Assistance for Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH): HCS’ MHAP Program offers assistance with rent, mortgage, utilities, food, and other necessities in D.C, Prince George’s, Montgomery, Charles, Calvert and Frederick Counties.  Call (202) 900-9471 or email: Click Here for more information.

Assistance for Veterans: HCS’ Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program offers Veterans who are homeless or at risk for homelessness with case management and assistance with rent, utilities, housing, and other necessities in D.C., Alexandria and Fairfax, Arlington, Prince George’s, and Montgomery Counties. Email: or call (202) 667-7366.