The Housing Independence Through Employment (HITE) program seeks to assist highly motivated individuals in achieving their highest level of economic and housing independence through employment and housing support for up to 12 months. Appropriate candidates must be able to develop a plan to enhance their economic independence within a 12 month period. Due to the time-limited nature of services associated with the HITE program, it is not intended to serve persons in need of long-term or permanent support services or rental assistance.
Who is Eligible?
- High school diploma or GED
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Income must be at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI), which is $52,750 for a single adult.
- Must be able to identify realistic goals, achievable within a 12 month period, to achieve economic and housing independence.
- Must engage in intensive case management and/or other HCS supportive services up to 4x/month.
- At least 24 months of one of the following within the last 5 years:
- Full-time employment, or a combination of part-time employment hours equal to that of full-time employment;
- Full-time student;
- Part-time student with part or full-time employment;
- Paid or unpaid volunteering or internships meeting full-time hours;
- Any combination of the above
If you are interested in applying to the program, please download and submit the application below:
For more information regarding the HITE Program or other HCS housing programs, please call (202) 667-2681.