The Sustainable Housing Assistance Rental Program is currently CLOSED
The Sustainable Housing Assistance Rental Program provides temporary financial support with the goal of increasing housing stability and improving health for people living with HIV/AIDS. SHARP will provide assistance to individuals with high rent burden, defined as those paying more than 40% of monthly gross income on rent. The program will provide eligible households with a flat rate subsidy equal to 40% of the current HUD Fair Market Rent (FMR) of the county of residence per month to help client pay rent. SHARP intends to reduce rent burdens, incentivize household savings, and address individual barriers to ensure future housing stability among participants.
Who is Eligible?
- DC eligible metro area resident
- Must be employed
- Not currently living in subsidized housing
- Current rental ledger with no outstanding balance for those who are housed
- Income must be at or below 500% of federal poverty line
- Current rent must be greater than 40% of households’ monthly gross income.
SHARP is currently closed and not accepting new applications. If you are interested in applying to the program, please submit an Interest Form and you will be contacted should the program start accepting applications.
For more information regarding the SHARP Program or other HCS housing programs, please contact Housing Counseling Services at (202) 900-9475.