The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program provides services to very low-income veterans who are homeless or face potential homelessness. Feel free to download the SSVF brochure. Basic eligibility requirements:
- – Must be a veteran who was not dishonorably discharged from the military
- – Must reside in the HCS SSVF service area (DC, Prince George’s County, Montgomery County, Fairfax County, the City of Alexandria and Arlington County)
- – Must be at imminent risk of homelessness or homeless as defined by the VA
- – Must meet income requirements for very low income households (see below):
|Household size||Minimum income|
Note: Different criteria apply to those who only served in the reserves.
With the support of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs we provide short, intensive Case Management and Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA) to address a host of factors that affect the housing stability of veteran families (joblessness, limited income, disability, mental illness, credit/budget issues, etc.) and link veterans to the following services:
- – housing counseling
- – assistance with paying rental arrears
- – security deposit/1st month’s rent
- – moving expenses
- – health care
- – daily living
- – personal financial planning
- – transportation assistance
- – fiduciary and payee services
- – legal services
- – child care
Call us at (202) 667-7006 to speak with an Eligibility Specialist who will schedule you for an SSVF Clinic appointment.
Service providers may complete the referral form and send them directly to us at email@example.com.