Due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, all in-person meetings and trainings are cancelled through April 27, 2020. Staff will continue to serve the public by telephone, email, USPS, and electronically. For service and program inquiries you may contact the Intake Department at 202.667.7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a current ERAP client and would like to check the status of your ERAP application, you may contact your ERAP processor by phone or email (below). If you do not know who your processor is, please email email@example.com with your full name and contact information. An ERAP staff member will contact you as soon as possible. If you are a current client who needs to send in documentation, please email the documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 202-667-1267. You will not be able to bring documentation to the office and/or meet with an ERAP staff member at this time.
- Mahlet Amanuel: 202-667-7434; email@example.com
- Emily Partika: 202-900-9455; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warren Hale: 202-667-7367; email@example.com
- Alicia Skeeter: 202-667-7609; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Jacob: 202-667-7605; email@example.com
- Valerie Blades-Lucien: 202-667-7563; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valerie Talford: 202-667-7566; email@example.com
- Daniel Jones: 202-900-9473; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grace Fisher: 202-900-9437; email@example.com; (SSVF Program Manager)
- District of Columbia: You can learn more about shelter services by calling (202) 399-7093 or visiting the following website: https://dhs.dc.gov/page/how-access-shelter.
- Prince Georges County: You can learn more about shelter services by calling Prince Georges County Shelter Hotline at 301-864-7095 or visiting the following website: https://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/1672/Emergency-Shelter
- Montgomery County Shelter Hotline: You can learn more about shelter services by calling 240-907-2688 or visiting https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS-Program/Program.aspx?id=SNHS/SNHSShelterSvcs-p744.html
- Fairfax County, Virginia: You can learn more about shelter services by calling 703-324-9492 or visiting the following website: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/homeless/emergency-shelters
- Arlington County, Virginia: You can learn more about shelter services by calling 703-228-1010 or visiting the following website: https://publicassistance.arlingtonva.us/shelters/
- Alexandria Shelter Hotline: You can learn more about shelter services by calling 703-746-5700 or visiting the following website: https://www.alexandriava.gov/dchs/economicsupport/default.aspx?id=49636
All Inclusionary Zoning Orientations at HCS are cancelled through March 31, 2020. Please check for updates on this website (www.housingetc.org).
If you are contacting us regarding an income certification for an Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) or the required documentation for an Inclusionary Zoning (IZ) unit, please be aware that our staff are working remotely and will do the best we can to assist you. You may send your request to us at the following email address: IZ.ADU@HOUSINGETC.ORG.
Adam Catterton: 202-667-7516; firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreclosure Prevention clinics are cancelled. Even though we are not currently meeting with clients, the Foreclosure Prevention Hotline is still operational. If you are currently working with a counselor, please direct all concerns to your counselor. Your counselor’s name and contact information is available on the “Our Staff” page of this website. If you have not been assigned a counselor and/or have any foreclosure prevention related concerns, please contact the hotline.
Foreclosure Prevention Hotline (202) 265-2255
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, Housing Counseling Services (HCS) has cancelled all workshops, training classes, and clinics through March 31, 2020. We will be conducting webinars in the near future. For updates please stay connected through this website at www.housingetc.org. If you have questions related to training, please call the HCS Training Hotline at 202-667-7606 or email email@example.com. Oscar Bermudez, the Training Director can be reached through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-667-7424. While the training team is working remotely, we will try our best to respond quickly.
Due to the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency declared by the Mayor 3/17/2020 the Tenant Services Department at Housing Counseling Services (HCS) will be working remotely until the end of the declared Emergency. Therefore, staff will no longer attend in-person Tenant Association meetings until at least April 27 th. If you have a question related to a Landlord and Tenant issue, TOPA, housing conditions or other tenant-related matters, please leave a message for Anita Ballantyne at (202) 667-7426 or send an email to email@example.com. Staff will be regularly checking emails and voicemails so please leave a message and someone will return your call. If you are a tenant already working with Housing Counseling Service on an ongoing landlord or Tenant Association matter, please continue to reach out to the staff working with you or your building.
- Anita Ballantyne- firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 667-7426
- Amber Gruner- email@example.com or (202) 667-7707
- Caroline Hennessy- firstname.lastname@example.org or (202)667-7425
- David Lazere- email@example.com or (202) 667-7430
- Shani Shih- firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 667-7427
Tenant Opportunity to Purchase (TOPA) –
If you are a tenant who has received a Tenant Opportunity to Purchase (TOPA) notice from your landlord stating that your building is for sale and you have questions about the process please contact Anita Ballantyne at email@example.com or leave a voice mail at (202) 667-7426.
Please keep in mind that due to the Public Health Emergency the Mayor passed Emergency Legislation extending all TOPA deadlines until 30 days past the end of the declared State of Emergency.
Landlord & Tenant Court and Housing Conditions Calendar Cases –
DC Superior Court is closed through May 15 th and all Landlord & Tenant and Housing Conditions Calendar hearings, trails, and proceedings are being rescheduled until after May 15th. If you need legal advice, please contact The Legal Aid Society of Washington DC at (202)628-1161. In addition, all evictions are currently prohibited. If your landlord attempts to evict you during the Public Health Emergency, please contact the police.
Housing Conditions Concerns –
If you are a tenant and need repairs in your apartment or building, we recommend you first report your concerns to management. If you have not received a response within a reasonable amount of time, you can request an inspection by DCRA inspectors by phone at (202) 442-9557 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have an emergency repair need after-hours and management is not responding please call 311 and ask for an emergency inspection from DCRA. If you need assistance contacting DCRA please email email@example.com.
As of Monday March 16th, HCS staff will not be taking any in person client meetings or attending any off-site meetings. Jade Hall and Su Cheng are both available to offer assistance via telephone and email until further notice.